Friday, July 08, 2005

A few recent sewing projects...

I sewed up this tank for the fourth of July using Simplicity It's So Easy pattern # 4676 and added a tie at the bodice to make it more fitted and I also lengthened it for my long torsal and added a detail of the same fabric to the neck line. It's a great soft rayon that is so soft and light.


This skirt I made also for the forth of July using New Look pattern #6843 View D. It has a zipper in the back and two darts in the back. I skipped the front and one set of darts in the back for that more low rise look and a flat front. It's a stiff, really dark denim. I like the wrinkly look to it but it can be ironed for a more tailored look. It's part of my anti shorts, yeah skirts summer.


My second skirt I sewed up tonight using no pattern and winging it. It took me about twenty minutes. It has a slight A line to it and a grosgrain ribbon drawstring. The fabric is a fun stretchy material that has three of my four favorite colors in it. Blue, Brown, and Rusty Orange. I have the perfect rust orange knit fabric I'm going to use to make a matching top from and It'll make a cute outfit for that Seattle conference. I have enough of this fabric leftover to make a light jacket out of if I have time. It was only $1.00 a yard so I think a jacket and skirt for $2.50 is a steal!

Close up of the fabric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home