Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Pink Lemonade Apron for "Tie One On"


Here is my submission for the "Tie One On" Apron Showcase(http://angrychicken.typepad.com/tieoneon/vintage_aprons/index.html). I'm really proud of how my embroidery came out. Especially the ice cubes.

Details: Fully lined with a ribbon waist band and ties. The glass was done by layering the following in this order starting with the bottom: sheer metallic fabric, yellow cotton, one ice cube, a layer of pink tulle, ice cube, pink tulle, ice cube and lemon slice, then pink tulle, mint sprig and an ice cube, then pink tulle, and lastly clear vinyl. Clear vinyl was used to give the illusion of glass for well the glass, but as a bonus is protect the tulle from catching on everything and snagging. The ice cube fabric was this sheer silver fabric I found awhile back in the remnant bin, $0.25 for a full yard!

I really like it and I think I'll get some great use out of it entertaining during the summers at our new place.

2 Comments:

At 11:51:00 PM , Blogger woof nanny said...

I love the combination of fabrics you used. I wish I could see a scan though so I could see more detail. I love that tulle is in it. I experimented with applique this time too.

 
At 2:21:00 AM , Blogger Grangry said...

Great appliques. Love the icecube effects! Nice too, to have such a detailed description.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home